Normally whenever we think of taking on a project, we lay out the plan and define the tasks necessary to accomplish the goal. Consider something as basic as building a house. The builder and the buyer agree on the basics – number and size of bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen layout – the eventual “footprint” of the house. It then becomes the responsibility of the architect to develop blueprints which will be submitted to the town or local authority for approval. Once approved, the builder will assign a project manager to move through the steps to completion.
Here’s where small business marketing works best, when the parties work in reverse order. The client (the internal marketing manager or the external business decision maker) needs to embrace the idea of where they want to end up. And unlike the house building example, there are many different choices to define success.
For example, success could simply be defined as a growth in revenue from
• Having a video on your home page can be an innovative point of difference in your industry and show you as superior to your competitors. It may be a short sweet explanation of your product, a call to action such as why they should make an appointment or answer a commonly asked question.
• It is important to have a picture of the business owner to build trust. This is also very important if you are targeting women as women psychology is they like to see who they are dealing with.
• Your website should reflect who you are targeting.
• Show testimonials on your website with pictures and name and where they are from. Visitors may recognise some of them.
• Check your website does display well on most browsers and smart device platforms.
• Check the performance of your website regularly, just as you do your profit and loss statement.
• Have a website update or overhaul at least every two years. Your busine
Do you believe merchant services can make a difference in how you do business? You bet they can! Merchant account services can give you the means to conduct electronic commerce with the latest credit card processing technology. You may be able to manage your business with fewer employees to handle billing and collect payments when you implement the technical equipment needed for credit payment treatment that can save you time and money. Moreover, a merchant account will place you in the ranks of leading professionals in your industry, adding the status of stature (making you look professional).
Find out if your company’s bank provides merchant services. If it does, ask about the acceptance criteria and consider making an application there. However, you can find dozens or hundreds of lenders who are looking for customers like you that they can offer merchant account services. The lenders charge fees that can take many forms, including an expenditure request online or ann